PCI DSS Security Audit
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a widely accepted proprietary information security standard defined to ensure that Enterprises handling credit card based transactions maintain a safe and conducive environment.
The global economy moves towards cashless transactions increasing the dependency on the cards for payments. Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards thus evolve with a responsibility to safeguard the privacy of the stakeholders during the online transactions. They are to be adhered to by Enterprises using major credit cards like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB with an aim to reduce credit card frauds affecting both the credit card Holders and the vendors themselves.
PCI DSS, supervised by PCC, an independent entity, ensures disciplinary actions against non-compliances. Reconfirmation of compliance is done annually by external Qualified Security Assessors (QSA) or by Self-Assessment Questionnaires (SAQ). QSA generate a Compliance Report for Enterprises with larger volumes of data, whereas SAQs are managed by Enterprises themselves when there are smaller volumes of data to be taken care of.
The PCI compliance comprises of a 3 layered approach.
- Identification of card holder data and analysis of existing vulnerabilities
- Plans for eliminating inconsistencies
- Compiling of required reports along with regular submissions to agencies offering the cards.
A complete cycle of steps to be followed are to be integrated into the workflows of Enterprises to ensure a continuously protected network for transaction processing and data storage for cardholder data. Regular updates to security software and constant monitoring of networks are a part of this advocated compliance rules.
Services for PCI DSS Security Audit
- PCI DSS Security Policies standards implementations
- Vendor Awareness and Education
- Standards implementations for creating secure payment solutions
- PCI DSS Compliance Strategizing
- Keep a check on network health ensuring safety of
- Cardholder data
- Security for Vendors
- Vulnerability Management Program health
- Safety of cardholder data over public networks
- Ensure implementations of access control measures
- Monitoring and Reporting Network safety
- Information security policy compliance checks