Vulnerability Assessment (VAPT)
A detailed evaluation of the information security framework to identify the loopholes and suggest appropriate mitigation processes, is Vulnerability Assessment. It is a process to mark and measure the vulnerabilities in the applications, system, and infrastructure and advise the methods to counter and eliminate these. It also points out the ranks of graveness of vulnerabilities and prioritizes the resolutions according to the importance of the resource.
Vulnerability is best taken up as a continuous process and prudent audit policies aim to search for and eliminate maximum possible threats to the system so as to ensure a secure and stable real-time environment.
The origins of the threats go beyond the on premise networks to the Internet, Mobile Devices, Cloud, IoT, an endless list. Proactive vulnerability assessment and remediation is the call of the day to predict and counter both internal and external dangers.
A sound vulnerability assessment begins by listing the assets of the system along with their importance. Next comes identifying and prioritizing these threats and eliminating them in the order of seriousness.
Services for Vulnerability Assessment
- Conduct Assessment
- Information Gathering of the system & Vulnerability Assessment Plan
- Network Mapping & Resource Authentications
- Rogue Device Assessment
- User Account Analysis
- Permissions & Passwords evaluation
- Web services & Applications Safety estimation
- Third party services & applications
- Scan Vulnerabilities
- Review Findings from the Assessment
- Define Issues Management Processes
- Mitigation & Counter measures