Technology & BPO Security Solution
The issue of information security and data privacy is assuming tremendous importance among global organizations, particularly in an environment marked by computer ransomware and virus outbreaks, hackings and destruction of vital data owing to targeted attacks.
The worldwide trend towards offshore outsourcing of processes and IT services to remote destinations, leading to the placing of valuable data and information infrastructure in the hands of the service providers, is also creating the need for information security solutions that will protect customers' information assets. As crucial information of a financial, insurance, medical and personal nature begins to get handled by remotely located offshore outsourcing service providers, there is a growing concern about the manner in which the data is being collected, stored and utilized by in-house or third party applications.
The IT & Business Process Outsourcing market
We understand the outsourcing market is forecast to grow even if the outsourcing revenues have tended to follow general economic conditions, with a slightly delayed experience of the effects of the economic downturn.
Some of the other trends we are seeing in the outsourcing with an emphasis of security include:
- Industrialization: adoption of standardized, scalable services for infrastructure, applications and business processes without
- Utilities and the cloud: the impact of utility-style offerings
- Business-led outsourcing: Moving past ‘cost-take out’ to ‘business-results-oriented outcomes’ is key to sustainable outsourcing
- Market convergence: As the Asian offshore providers grow in capability the established Northern Hemisphere providers have been growing their offshore presence to remain competitive
While most organizations understand the importance of protecting their systems, networks and data from cyber threats and breaches, it is becoming increasingly difficult to counter these attacks without help.
Cyber risks are not new, so what’s different for the outsourcing business?
- Small, highly skilled groups exact damage
- Attackers often have very specific motives (information theft, disruption, notoriety)
- They’re spread across the globe, often beyond the reach of law enforcement
- Threat velocity is increasing, response window is shrinking
- Complexity and volume of threats is increasing
- Potential for physical and economic damage
- Building and maintaining a secure network
- Protecting personal and sensitive data
- Maintaining a periodic consistent vulnerability management program
- Executing robust access control measures as per the implementation plan
- Regularly conducting network architecture reviews, monitoring and testing networks (including measures such as Network Access Controls etc.)
- Maintaining an information security policy which creates a “system” for the organization to be followed across deployments
How can WSA help?
For mitigating all the cyber security risks relevant to the healthcare ecosystem, we primarily emphasize on the following WSA cyber security services:
- Architecture and design review - We lay emphasis on the security review of the infrastructure and application technical security architecture emphasizing on identifying and mitigating potential security weakness in the design.
- Vulnerability Management and Penetration Testing – We have extensive vulnerability management skills and deep experience in conducting detailed penetration testing activities.
- Security Compliance and – WSA's security controls based maturity model is used in conjunction with a customized capability matrix for clients (designed and contained as per the individual applications), to define the current state of the client security program and supporting governance capabilities.
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) – We understand multiple organizations have highly skilled developers with an exclusion of how to align security practices with their exclusive development skills. We at WSA look forward to using this opportunity; to train the developers thought process, towards key security areas across application / infrastructure / middleware, which they should consider towards prior initializing and developing the application.
On the go basis, along with secure coding practices churned towards industry applications and businesses – we also do a comprehensive threat modeling so to identify the key potential weak spots existing as per the design and with periodic secure code review and penetrating testing we would look forward to securing the application end to end.
- Security Operations Center – We assist organizations with enterprise-wide security log collection, storage, reporting and querying for all supported technology assets along with providing unique blend of device threat intelligence feeds from multiple commercial and open source feeds.